Monday , October 3 2022

The young man, who was paralyzed after a swallowing call, dies


Writing – Sam Ballardyoung people paralyzed for a meningitis whose story was moving Australia, he died at the age of 27, surrounded by family and friends.

The tragedy of a young rugby player has begun ever his friends attacked him eat one slug They appeared in their own garden when they celebrated their 19th birthday in 2010.

Though he did not feel bad at the moment, but he felt heightened in his legs in the following days, and when he went to the doctor he was diagnosed with a brain infection due to a parasite known as Angiostrongylus Cantonensis, usually located in slugs that feed on a rat stool

This parasite causes a disease called "eosinophilic meningoencephalitis," the main symptoms of which are severe headache, nausea, vomiting, seizures and other neurological disorders.

The young man was in the coma for 420 days and followed paralyzed from his neck down when he was released three years later from the hospital.

After eight years of suffering, the young man died on November 2, surrounded by his family and friends.

The boy was able to tell the last few words to her mother Katie Ballard, who was "I love you".

(RT and ADN40 information)

Source link